A highly skilled network engineer with over 7+ years of hardware/software experience, available to configure custom solutions to your tech issues.
Technical Skills Profile:
· Proficient with most types of PC and Macintosh Hardware
· Networking and Troubleshooting experience
· Extensive Software Knowledge
MCSE Windows 2003 Achieved in May 2006·
Extensive Software Experience
· Troubleshoot and used MS Office Suites from 97-2003, MS Operating Systems from Windows 3.11 to 2003 Server Edition, Setup of Pocket PCs and Palm Pilots
· Designed and maintained websites including registering domains and point name servers to web space
Macintosh Experience from OS 6 to OS 10.3
Used Norton Ghost to deploy new systems with duplicate setups and to image hard drives
· Fluent in Spanish – Written and Speech;
Volunteer Interpreter at Ben Taub
· Studying Vietnamese – Conversational
Macintosh OS7 – OS 10.3 – Panther
Upgraded users from original OSX to 10.3 via CDROM
Worked with Mac Office 10 – 2004
Set up and configured Entourage
Extensis Suitcase to manage fonts
Virtual PC including run PC APPS on MAC platform
· Assisted in deployment and supported users of Oracle Server based applications on offshore platforms.
· Installed and administered SQL Server 2000
· Tied SQL server into Sharepoint server
· Implemented a SQL server backup routine
· Integrated SQL server with IIS6 to provide the backend of a dynamic website
· Installed configured and deployed Windows Servers from NT 4 through 2003 Enterprise.
· Administered Internet and Intranet servers with multiple users, configuring them for optimal security as well as maintaining each with current patches / security updates
· Implemented and pushed Group Policy
· Imported users from net ware and moved over all their settings
· Administered user accounts: setting disk quotas and adding and moving mailboxes
· Joined workstations to the domain and migrated their profiles
· Remedied Outlook issues including synchronization with Exchange and Palm desktop applications.
· Determined that Acrobat 4 was incompatible with Word XP causing crashes every time Word started.
· Worked with Access and Excel to clean up imported data containing characters that would crash access.
· Built from scratch over 500 systems ranging from cheap desktops to multiprocessor servers.
· Implemented RAID arrays installed all types of hardware from controllers to dual head video cards.
Windows Desktop Software:
· Configured and maintained all versions of Windows desktops from 3.1 to XP.
· Diagnosed errors, removed viruses, cleaned up ad ware and spy ware, done in place upgrades of XP and restored the User’s data
· Setup backup jobs for SQL server, Exchange, System State and Disaster Recovery configuration.
· Installed, configured, and deployed to serve as in-house email hosting, contact and mail storage.
· Deployed and configured all versions of IIS
· Configured Sharepoint services successfully to run with IIS6